Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dinner with a Vampire (The Dark Heroine #1) by Abigail Gibbs

Violet Lee is the sole living witness to a horrific pre-dawn mass murder in Trafalgar Square, London.

But before she can alert the authorities, she is taken by the group of murderers, who, to her shock, are vampires. Kidnapped, Violet is forced to live among them, for they've discover she is the daughter of the UK's Secretary of State for Defense… who has been secretly dealing with the vampires for years.

Now a pawn in a game of politics between humans and vampires, Violet begins to doubt her allegiance, especially when she begins to fall for Prince Kaspar, the heir to the throne of the vampire world, as well as his best friend, Fabian. Swept into a complex love triangle, will Violet leave her newfound life, or return to the human world?

4 Stars
I received a copy of The Dark Heroine from the publisher in exchange for a review.

After reading a few of the reviews for this book, I was a little hesitant to start it. I mean, 2 star ratings don't really say "READ THIS BOOK NOW!" do they?! I guess I'm easily entertained, because I really enjoyed this book, and want the next one to be out NOW! Sure, there were some discrepancies, and maybe some gaps that could have been filled in, as well as parts that were added for maybe shock value. But I was expecting that, since my copy was an uncorrected proof.
The Dark Heroine reminded me a little of Discovery of Witches, one of my favorite vampire books. Violet is sassy and outspoken, but has a good heart and is sure in her beliefs of what right and wrong are. The thing I liked about her tho, is she was willing to see the other side of things. Kaspar is quite the dick, but Violet figures out the reasons behind his behavior, and he's soon not so bad. I look forward to the next book, where I'm sure we'll learn more about the other dimensions, as well as the rest of the prophesy of the Heroines.

~Mandy


No comments:

Post a Comment